There are so many little things going on right now that I don't know quite where to start. Which means it's time for another bullet list!
- The Idiot Box group show at Gallery 1988LA is wrapping up this coming week. If you haven't had the chance to check out the amazing artwork, you should do so now! Pieces are disappearing fast, so this might be your last chance to pick up a painting (or cut-paper...) based on your favorite TV show. Thanks to the esteemed individual who grabbed Interplanet Janet and Crew!
- It's online here!
- Speaking of Schoolhouse Rock and gratitude, I owe a word of thanks to Redefine Magazine for their very kind mention. They called me "marvelous". Okay...they didn't call me marvelous, but rather the paper and the arrangement thereof. But I'm willing to accept the praise on behalf of my ego.
- Moving to the East Coast, the artwork for myplasticheart's New Moon Chinese constellation-themed show is now online. And spectacular. And also disappearing faster than Roadrunner on Red Bull. Cheers to the very discerning rodentophile for giving Mousey a good home.
- See the artwork here!
- If you peek over to the right-hand side, you may notice a new section showing upcoming and current shows and events. A closer look will reveal that, from May 1st to 31st, I will be displaying and selling some of my artwork and prints at Lovers Rock Cafe in Kichijoji, Tokyo. It's nothing so grandiose as a full-blown "show". Rather, it's a great chance to see my work for yourself, and perhaps snatch up a piece, all in a no-pressure, relaxed setting. Unless caffeine makes you jumpy. I'll post more details as my plans solidify, but it's a sure bet I'll be there the evening of the 1st.
- That lil' widget isn't the only change to the website. After the parade of shows I've been in these past few months, I took a little time to chip away at the lengthy list of tweaks I have planned. Biggest among them is the brand new Shows & Events page. One of these days, I'll also write a proper artist's statement.
- A few new items have been added to the Original Art section of my online shop. You can now purchase some pieces with the click of a Paypal button, rather than having to trudge through the dreary task of writing me an email. Modern Convenience! I plan to add more as time permits. And yeah, the page is already out of date. sigh.
- Last but not least, my brilliant wife has been bugging me for ages to make an EcoBag for her using my art. You can see the spiffy result to the right. I wasn't expecting much, but it actually came out really well, with great color and detail. This is just a hand-made version, but if you folks like the idea, I would love to offer an ecologically friendly product like this in the shop. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in (and what art you would like on it!). Now I just need to figure out if "EcoBag" is a real word or just another bit of wacky Janglish (Japanese-English).
I'm outta breath.