Outside, Looking In and New Moon 2011 have opened in Venice, CA and New York, respectively. I'm told that both galleries were packed to the gills with impressive artworks and guests stopping by to drink them in. For those of you who, like me, have a couple of miles or an ocean separating you from taking part, both galleries have uploaded their online previews. Check them out!
You may have noticed a couple of changes around these here parts. The website (and, to a lesser extent, PaperCuts) have been in need of an update for awhile. So, I've used the relative quiet of the past few weeks to do some major restructuring. For example:
- The disappearance of the off-white background. Looked good on my monitor, but like mud on others.
- An entirely new portfolio. This is the big one. The old one was too tough to update regularly, and the images were too small. Over the past few years, my artistic goals have changed, and the old gallery wasn’t working for my new direction. The galleries for 2010, 2009, and 2008 are up right now. I’ll get the previous years and specialty galleries up as soon as I have some time.
- A new About page.
- The first step in a new Links page. I’d like to collect a bunch more links; particularly cut-paper artists. So, if you are one, or you know one, comment below and I’ll try to fit it into the list.
- A new Contact Form. Test it out for me, if you’ve got the notion.
- The Blog got that nifty slideshow up top so you can see the important things right away. Plus, these very nice fonts, thanks to Typekit. The columns are wider so I can show you bigger pictures. And a nice new rabbit banner.
- Finally, there are the plans for the future. Expand the links and portfolios, of course. Split the shop into a Japanese version and an international version. Localize the wordy pages for Japan. Make nifty new icons for the twitter and portfolio links in the sidebar. And probably a couple things I can’t remember right now.
- Let me know what you think in the comments below.
- I’ll start posting about some of the artwork I’ve been holding back until the current gallery shows could get going. Until then, here’s a picture of my wall from last year’s show at the Ann Street Gallery. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think in the comments below.I'll start posting about some of the artwork I've been holding back until the current gallery shows could get going. Until then, here's a picture of my wall from last year's show at the Ann Street Gallery. Enjoy!