Untold eons ago, when icy winds sliced across the arctic landscape and man and beast froze to death mere feet from shelter and the month was called February, I met some very talented textile crafters while accompanying my work at Acros Fukuoka. We chatted for a bit about art, paper, and fabric, and they mentioned possible future collaborations.
Like the fresh and fertile breath of Spring, that collaboration has arrived in the form of Tsuru Fest!
2014 will see the second annual Kurume Kasuri Textile festival in the city of Kurume in Fukuoka.
I'm excited (!) for a couple reasons
- Collaboration: I'm experimenting with combining Kasuri textiles with cut paper! I'll be working small at first, but if this works out, who knows where it could lead.
- More Collaboration: I've got some super-secret weirdo projects that, if they work out, will use some of the traditional Kasuri designs and patterns in cut paper.
- The Kurume Kasuri people are super-nice & super-talented
- I get to do a Demonstration on Saturday!
- Workshop! Sunday!
- Wine! Gallery Night from 7pm Saturday night
Come by and enjoy the textiles, sewing, tradition, and paper! I hope to see you there.
Tsuru Textiles Festival 2014 • つるフェス第2開催
dates: Thurs. May 29 - Sun. June 1, 2014
times: 11:00am - 6:00pm [closes 17:00 on Mondays, closed Tuesdays]
My Demonstration: Saturday, May 31, intermittently
Workshop: Sunday June 1 from 1:00pm (reservations required / max 20 people )
Gallery Night (with Wine!): Saturday, May 31 7:00pm~
日付: 2014年5月29日（木）〜 6月2日（日） 時間: 午前11:00時～午後18時 [ 月曜日pm5:00閉店 火曜日定休日 ]
切り絵ワークショップ: 6月1日(日) 限定20名
Gallery Night (with Wine!): 5月31日（土）「PDFを見てください」